Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Japan 7 - Nick 6

Poetic Justice


Every morning I take a train and bus to get to my school, it takes roughly 45 minutes to get there. At the final stretch of my morning journey I have to walk about 200 yards to the campus surrounded by students. At the gate of the campus is the principal. And he is there every morning to great every child that walks through the gate... and me.

Here's an Illustration:


I think this is really neat. I don't think there are many schools in America that have their principal stand outside and great the children. Later one day I find myself in the coffee room with the principal and one of my English teachers.

"Hey could you please tell the Principal in Japanese that I think it's really cool he stands outside and greats me in English every morning.."

"He says you look very tired.."

"Ah, ya it's pretty early, sorry about that."

"He says the sky is very blue and beautiful, and in contrast you are very gray and look sad to be coming to work.."

"Oh... wow.. err.. I dunno.. what to say.."

Damn! Talk about dropping some Japanese poetic justice all over me! I'm just glad he didn't start whipping out Haiku's to put me in my place. Maybe I should start looking a little happier to be coming to school... I dunno if that's going to happen since my nickname in one class is vagina. Sort of, I don't really feel like talking about that right now.

2 comments:

  1. i know you're in another country and all...but its 'greet' and not 'great'.

    thanks,

    -kirkus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirkus,

    Since being in another counry my vocabulary has complately gone down the toobs

    ReplyDelete