Monday, October 5, 2009

Japan 7 - Nick 5

The Great Outdoors

We had a small holiday, about 5 days off in a row so a few friends I decided to go camping.

Under-prepared but willing, my style. We went to a place called 48 waterfalls, but instead of staying in a hotel like a normal person we decided to walk up the mountain side and find a nice flat place to throw up a tent. Well we eventually found a place good enough for a tent, and we also found some foot prints. More like tracks. We think they were wild boar tracks, fuck it. We set up tent then I tried to make a fire out of sticks and stones. Once that didn't work we made Tyler make a small hike back into town and get a lighter.

Fire!!!

Oh that outlined person is Todd. He's black, and a little harder to see in the darkness.

We had the fire running till about 11:30, then we decided to call it a night. Around 1 in the morning a loud SCREEECH woke us up.

"Did you guys hear that...?"
"Yeah"
"Yeah"
"What the fuck..."


haha, I have a small video of us talking to each other in the tent, but the audio is very low and you never get to hear the animal so I'll spare you the 20 seconds of boredom and confusion.
The animal (which we think was a monkey) tiptoed around out tent for about a minute or so then took off into the forest.

Around 4 in the morning the animal came back and started to make more noise. I grabbed my camera and started taking flash pictures into hillside. What I found was shocking!

Well not really , but that's an eye! I took several pictures and that object never moved. Fucker was spying on us!

When we finally woke up and got everything going, we enjoyed a nice breakfast and started out hike. The 48 waterfalls was a very nice place.


After the waterfalls we got onto a rode and actually hitch hiked back to the train station. I'd never in my life hitch hike in America. That shit is nuts, you'd get a butt hole full broomstick or mouth full of dead, no thanks. But in JAPAN! They were very nice, even gave us some souvenirs and wished us good luck. haha.

So what do I like to do after a hard camping/hiking trip?
Well sir, I like to sit down at my favorite McDonald's and listen to a honkey from Atlanta Georgia play the piano, of course. Cause McDonald's in Japan have grand pianos...



And if you're wondering why I lost a point it's because of our reaction to the animal that came around the tent. Honestly if you would've heard us, you'd laugh, or mistaken us for girls, that are 8 yrs old, that suffer from night terrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment