Monday, June 15, 2009

Japan 6 - Nick 3

They All Look The Same

Man what a weird day...

*Wake up..*

Oh man, how come my alarm hasn't gone off yet? Hmm.. I wonder what time it is.. probably like 6 am..

*looks at clock*

7:58

what? That can't be right

7:58

Wait a minute

7:58

Holy fuck I've completely missed the train...

I hit a moment of clarity. I wasn't in any hurry. I walked down my ladder from my loft had a banana.. checked the train schedule, saw that the next one wasn't for about 40 minutes. Took my time getting ready, emailed my teacher telling her I would be late. Went to a bakery for some juice and a pastry, hung out, listened to some tunes.

I eventually got to school around 10 am. LOL. Everyone was real cool about it, accept for the vice principal (Kyoto Sensei). Well he was cool with me being late, but he wasn't cool with the facial hair I was sporting - So I've been trying to sneak in a beard, so the fuck what man? Just because you can't grow one. Anyway.. Guess I better go to the store and buy a beard trimmer after work.

I had no classes today. Zero!

I spent most of the day reading World War Z and writing love letters to Iwasaki.

There's a great Claremont shout out in this book.


Come the end of the day I'm gearing up to ditch work early when my love approaches me.

"Giunta Sensei, Semimaassseeennnn?"
"You're beautiful"
"I got you something, it's like a souveneir, I got in Kyoto."

It's upside down, sorry...

"It's a bunny and a Cherry blossom."
"Let's get married."


Fuck man I need to pull the trigger. The cookie was really hard to get open.


After work I take a quick shower to rinse off all the dry sweat that's accumulated on my hairy body from the fucking humidity in this country.

I start to bike ride up to a super market. I start looking around at all the shavers and beard trimmers. There was no lone beard trimmer, so I had to get an electric shaver with the trimmer attachement, damn thing cost me 50 bucks. It's an investment I tell myself (Whatever that means). I get to the counter and the cute cashier chick is looking at me weird... she keeps looking and smiling,.. looking... look away.. look back... smile.. look away...

"uhh hi"
"We uhh we meto on Saturday.."
"We did!? uhh uhh where?!"
"Shirahama beach."
"I think you got the wrong white person.."
She laughs
I give her my phone number anyway.

-Thank you to the white person with a beard that prepped this girl for me...

Anyway. That was my day, tomorrow should be good. If I can wake up on time..

1 comment:

  1. So you think that chick at the store met some other gay dude at the beach that she is mistaking for you..?

    Just kidding bro...I know it’s not the insatiable urge for the male unit that has you inhibited from making out with all the girls you like…XE for life.

    *cue the dashboard confessionals

    ReplyDelete