Thursday, January 7, 2010

Japan 7 - Nick 9


Wow

This picture is from my first week in Japan. Holy shit, almost an ENTIRE YEAR AGO.
This is from inside the hotel room I was staying in while, "Training."

Let me talk a moment about, "Training."

Those that already know me from training are rolling your eyes (eff you guys).

First of all, the shit was way to fucking long. 8 am to 6 pm of listening to mundane, recycled stories; having grown adults play children English games.

"What is this?"

(in unison) It's a LION!

"Alright everyone stand up!"

(in unison) *We stand*

"Now sit back down..."

(in unison) *We sit*

"Now kiss the person next to you with a lot of tongue."

(Nick wakes up)

The point is... the whole training thing was incredibly disorganized, and ineffective. 99% of what we learned in training was applicable to elementary and Jr High students.

How the fuck am I supposed to get a classroom of 44 18 year olds learning trades at a vocational school, to clap their hands and sing English songs. My students are too busy drawing Hentai and presenting them as gifts (That's a positive).

Okay back to the picture.
After a few days my roommate and I obviously needed to do some laundry.
The washing machines worked, but the dryers did not.
Which meant hanging out underwear on anything in that room.

YES those are my Pink Floyd boxers, and YES that is my Old Spice deodorant.
I'm just really happy you can't see the Snickers bar resembled shit stain on my underwear.

I realized this picture is pretty pathetic in more ways then one. At first I was going to give Japan a point, but ya know what, it's Japan's EFFin fault for not having reliable dryers. What the hell!? This is Japan! The electronic capital of the world, right?! That dryer should have my clothes dried, pressed, and folded in under 10 minutes.

WRONG.

But then again I've been wrong about a lot of things..


Sophia ...

No comments:

Post a Comment