Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Japan 7 - Nick 8

Fail




this picture was taken back in Tokyo when I first came to Japan.
I was trying to think of all sorts of ideas for the blog, and one of them was .. " Japanese Equivalents."
Which was basically what my friends back home would look like if they were Japanese.

The picture shown is of some stranger at Ueno park during the Cherry Blossoms.

It was supposed to be Dax, Ryan and Lance's brother.

Fail because Dax is already Asian. But I remember seeing this guy and thinking, "Holy shit it's Dax! I should go talk to him." Then I remembered, "Oh fuck, I'm in Japan. That's not Dax, it's just some Japanese look-a-like."

I'm not saying all Asians look alike*

The guy wears a beanie like Dax does, and he's got a lady, that's Dax! Now only if he had an iPhone in one hand..

I was going to try to take lots of pictures of Japanese people and compare them to my friends and family, but it got so awkward trying to take pictures of strangers without them knowing it wasn't worth it. In fact I know of a Jap-Toby and Jap-Amit but I won't ever get their pictures up and running. Sorry.

* = Lie, they do.

3 comments: