Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Special

Do The Japoknees Celebrate Halloween?

Yep

A lot of people have been asking me this so I thought I would take a minute and talk about my Halloween experience.

The Japanese have a unique way of celebrating Halloween.
Almost all cafes have some sort of Halloween decor, because it's "Cute." Anything that is cute in this country is put on a pedestal, but that's a different story.

The cafes have the normal stuff that we'd see in America. Jack-o-lanterns made of plastic, witches, ghosts. In essence, cafes look like elementary school classrooms.

There are a few costume parties for children, and the kids know the term "trick or treat," but don't be fooled, there is absolutely NO trick or treating. The Japanese basically do everything with Halloween except celebrate it.

What Did I do For Halloween?

I went to Osaka to visit my old friend Jason and attend a few clubs and costume parties.
Jason went as Ned Flanders.



We got to the club and we were an instant hit.

The biggest problem with my costume was that I couldn't fucking see! I was dancing with all these girls and had no idea who they were. I had to use my hands as my eyes. Most of them felt really hot. So I had to ask Jason, "Please tell me she was hot."
All the girls wanted to know who I was. "Take off your mask!" "Are you Japanese?"
Do I effin dance like I'm Japanese!? (Oh btw! The only people to dance worse then white men, or Japanese people).
I eventually took my costume to the bridge in Osaka and posted for a while. Japanese would come up with their camera and take a picture with me. Everyone said "thank you," how did they know I was white?!

Anyway, my Halloween was a lot of fun. I almost passed out twice because of how hot it gets in that fucking mask. The ladies were (felt) beautiful, and the times were good, real good.



Oh yah.. Here's my costume.
Ride it baby, ride it

2 comments: